Volunteers play an integral part in supporting the work of the department and enriching the lives of children and young people in public education and child development.
Volunteers do many roles that support the work of department staff to make sure children and young people are cared for in a safe and positive environment.
Volunteer activities positively support the achievement of programs and organisational objectives. Volunteer activities should be meaningful, both to the volunteer and in contributing to the outcomes of students.
Volunteer roles at HPS currently include:-
If you are new to volunteering at HPS and/or have not submitted your Working With Children Check (WWCC) and Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education Certification (RAN-EC) before June 28th, 2021, you will need to follow the new process to becoming a volunteer.
Steps to becoming a Volunteer at Hawthorndene Primary School
- Email Debbie Kennett (Volunteer Coordinator) Debbie.Kennett231@schools.sa.edu.au to request a Volunteer Package;
- Complete the Volunteer Package and submit via email. Volunteer package includes:
Volunteer application form;
Volunteer site induction checklist. Please follow the link included in the checklist to watch the required video;
- Complete your WWCC (Working with Children Check) and RRHAN-EC Training Certificate. To complete your WWCC visit the website https://screening.sa.gov.au/applications/application-information-for-individuals
To complete your RAN training online, please register for a Plink volunteer account:-
- Visit: https://www.plink.sa.edu.au/pages/signup.jsf
- Select Non Department Sign-Up
- Fill in your details: * in the field ‘Select Account type’ select Volunteer/Fundamentals
- Enter your email address (this will be your plink username), choose a password, and type in your name
- Select ‘Create Account’
Start the training
- Select the course ‘Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN-EC) online induction session for volunteers/fundamentals’
- Select ‘Register’
- Select ‘Register’ again
- Select ‘Open Module’ when you’re ready to start
If you need any help, please call the Help Desk – 8179 1400 or email for technical help @ email@example.com
- Email your clearance/certificates to Debbie.Kennett231@schools.sa.edu.au
- Wait for Volunteer Confirmation email. Please note that before commencing any volunteer work you will need to have received the Volunteer Confirmation email. This could take up to two weeks. Please allow enough time before a scheduled event to process the application.